for town of Packwood webcam (courtesy Highway Shopper)
Hiking, climbing, fishing, river exploring, swimming,
skiing, snowboarding, cross country skiing, sliding, golf, snowmobiling,
horseback riding, four wheeling, mountain biking, shopping, eating, mountain
volcano, meadow and waterfall exploring, wildlife viewing...
activities are within 1 to 15 miles of this cabin!
“So Much To Do!”
- Hike to Packwood Lake and enjoy the stunning views
of Mt Rainier.
- Hike Backbone Lake Trail…it makes you feel like
- Eat Pizza at Cruisers…good stuff!
- Sit on the front deck and watch the sunsets as the
colors explode over the Cascades.
- Make a day trip to Mt St Helens and watch the mountain
- Take your sleds and go sliding up at White Pass.
- Try your luck at Cross Country Skiing across from the
White Pass Ski Area.
- At White Pass, ski the trees on the back side…powder
- Reserve your time for some Horseback Riding!
- Make reservations to eat at the Paradise Inn on Mt.
- Swim or fish in the Cowlitz River!
- Take a tour of all the waterfalls in the Mt. Rainier
- Head over White Pass towards Yakima and go rafting.
- Visit Paradise at Mt. Rainier and ooh & ahh at
the alpine meadows in bloom in summer!
- Attend one of the many cultural events of East Lewis
- Need we say…Flea Markets on Memorial Day and
Labor Day in Packwood..BIG!!!!
“Mt. Rainier and the surrounding Cascade
Mountain Range are home to some of the most spectacular scenery and hiking
trails you will ever experience!”
Here are local links for more information:
Adventures (river rafting) 1-800-723-8386
Gifford Pinchot National Forest
Pinchot National Forest - VolcanoCam
Riding in the Area
Lewis County Tourism
Mt. St. Helens National Forest
National Park (7 miles away)
Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad
Mt. Tahoma Trails Association
Region Sports Car Club of America - Schedule
Pacific Crest Trail
The Roxy Playhouse
Solo Autocross - Schedule
rental on Chinook Pass
State Parks - Motorized Sno-park (Skate Creek)
State Parks - Motorized Sno-park (Johnson Creek)
Washington Bird Viewing
Pass Scenic Byway
White Pass Ski Area (15 miles